Tickets - News Update
Some tickets have been void and the serial numbers bellow are not valid. We advise you not buy them if offered as they will not be accepted at the gate.
VOID Cosmic hard tickets (not e-tkts):
Standard Advance - Adult Tickets 3621 to 3670
Standard Advance - Youth 14-18yrs Tickets 771 to 775
- Advance Tickets to Luminate (Adult & Youth prices) are available now until Friday 30th January from Cosmic Stores in Christchurch and Wellington, and from I-sites in Nelson, Motueka, Takaka & Greymouth, only while stocks last.
- Advance tickets save $30 off full price Adult tkts, and $15 off Youth tkts.
- Tickets are selling fast! Online sales for Advance tickets are now closed. Only available in the above stores.
- Full price tickets will be available on the Gate from Wednesday 28th Jan - Friday 30th January, valid for the whole festival.
- Most people arrive on the first Wednesday or Thursday, however if you cannot make it until later then there are several options of late arrival tickets available.
Options for Late Arrival Tickets:
Late arrival tickets are now available to buy online from Eventfinda until Friday 30th January 11am. They will also be available on the gate from Saturday 31st January.
Youth (14-18yrs) $100.00
Valid for admission from 9am Saturday 31st Jan - Wed 4th Feb 2015
Youth (14-18yrs) 85.00
Valid for admission from 9am Sunday 1st Feb - Wed 4th Feb 2015
Nelson Anniversary Special
Youth (14-18yrs) $55.00
Valid for admission from 9am Monday 2nd Feb - Wed 4th Feb 2015
Where to Buy Tickets to Luminate 2015
Tickets are available to buy through our usual ticketing outlets. (A booking fee by the ticket retailer may apply).
New Zealand stores include:
i-Sites - Nelson, Takaka, Motueka, and Greymouth
Cosmic - Wellington, Christchurch, Auckland, Dunedin, and other outlets nationwide (see the Cosmic website for full details)
If you buy your ticket online, make sure you print your e-ticket and bring it with you to the gate. A printed e-ticket is the only proof of online purchase that will be accpeted. Each ticket is valid for one person only, treat it as you would cash.
If you would like to receive information on discounted tickets and the latest Luminate news, make sure you are registered on the Luminate Festival mailing list to receive our e-newsletter. You can sign up here.
- Signed up but didn't receive the newsletter? To avoid disappointment please check your email settings and refer to Tips for making sure you receive our newsletter.
Admission Tickets to Luminate include camping for 8 days & nights (28th Jan-4th Feb 2015), provision of amenities and infrastructure, all workshops/educational activities, plus a significant contribution to the sustainable land management of Canaan Downs. With a valid ticket you are free to attend all music zones.
All tickets are subsidised by Luminate Festival Educational and Spiritual Trust to keep the price as low as possible, with several categories and prices available.
Gates open to all participants on 28th Jan from 10am. See below for conditions of admission.
- Gate Sales of tickets will only be available if numbers allow. We recommend that you buy your tickets in advance to save money and ensure entrance. Note that numbers will be capped at 4000 people for Luminate 2015.
Gates open to all participants on Wed 28th January 2015 at 10am.
Gates close for admission at 5pm Monday 2nd February 2015. There will be no admission to the festival possible after this time. The festival continues to run until the evening of Wednesday 4th Feb.
Participants are required to pack up camp and leave the site at the latest by sunset on Thursday 5th Feb 2015.
- Children (0 - 13yrs) gain free admission, must be accompanied by adult guardian.
- Youth (14 - 18 yrs) tickets are at a reduced rate. Note: All under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult guardian attending the festival.
- Adults (19 -74 yrs)
- Seniors (75yrs+) gain free admission.
- Age groups apply to person's age on date of entry to festival. Proof of age is required.
Ticket Release Schedule
10th July 2014
Super-Early Bird tickets - special offer to members of Luminate Festival website mailing list.
1st August - 4th September
Early Bird (1st round) - SOLD
5th September - 4th November
Early Bird (2nd round) - SOLD
5th November - 20th December (only while stocks last)
Early Advance - SOLD
21st December - 27th Jan 2015
Advance - Adult $250
Advance - Youth $115
28th January 2015
Gate sales will only be available if numbers allow. We recommend that you buy your tickets in advance. Note that numbers will be capped at 4000 participants for Luminate 2015.
Late Arrival Tickets
Depending on a number of factors, there may be provision to offer Late Arrival Tickets for those that can only arrive over the weekend, from Saturday onwards.
If you are unsure of how many days you will attend Luminate for, we recommend buying the Early Bird Tickets as they are always the best value and allow maximum flexibility.
Note: Luminate does not offer "weekend only passes" or "day passes" as the logistics are impossible to manage. In addition the ethos of Luminate is one of participation and spending time together as community over a week. Most people arrive for the start of the festival and stay for the week.
We recongise that some people can only arrive from Saturday onwards hence the possibility of Late Arrival Tickets. If you plan to arrive on Friday you will need a full festival ticket, late arrival tickets do not apply.
As numbers are capped at 4000 this year there is no guarentee that Late Arrival tickets will be made available until closer to the time.
Nelson Anniversary Day Ticket - Monday 2nd Feb.
Locals who are working during the time of Luminate may like to make the most of the local holiday on Monday 2nd Feb. Providing that numbers allow, Luminate will make available a special Nelson Anniversary Day Ticket to purchase on the gate from 9am Mon 2nd Feb, and remains valid until end of festival on 4th Feb. Note that the last day of admission to the festival is 2nd Feb before 5pm. Gate sales and admission will not be possible after that time.
A final decision on the release of the Nelson Anniversary Day Ticket will be made in January.
Big thanks to everyone who buys tickets and actively participates in co-creating Luminate – you are all awesome! We look forward to gathering with you all very soon. Much love, arohanui xxx
Note: Conditions of Admission
You must bring a valid printed ticket with you to the gate to gain admission. No exceptions.
Photo I.D./proof of age may be required to gain admission for any age, and is very likely to be requested for youth tickets and adult guardians.
Youth tickets are valid for those 14-18yrs at the date of admission to the festival.
Your ticket will be exchanged for a wristband at the gate, and your wristband must be worn and visible at all times during your attendance at Luminate. Our crew will be carrying out wristband checks throughout the event, and we appreciate your cooperation in this.
- Damaged tickets or wristbands will not be accepted as valid.
- Lost tickets or wristbands will not be replaced.
- Luminate takes place on private land and the site is not open access to the public. You are warmly invited to participate, whereby conditions of admission apply, and the organizers reserve all rights of admission.
- Anyone found on the festival site without a valid ticket and/or wristband will be fined, and may be removed from site and prosecuted for trespassing.
- Refer to Festival policies for a more detailed list of terms and conditions of admission.