Tickets - News Update
Early-Bird Tickets Go On Sale 1st August - at 2013 Prices!!
Yes that’s correct, two years on and the first round of Adult Early-Bird tickets to Luminate 2015 are at the same price as Luminate 2013!!
Adult EB 1st round $185 (save $95 on gate price)
Youth EB 1st round (14-18yrs) $90 (save $40 on gate price)
First in first served, numbers are limited and are likely to sell out fast.
Early-Birds (1st round) will be available in stores throughout New Zealand and online on general release from 1st August - 4th September 2014, or only while stocks last.
A second round of Early Birds are due to go on sale from 5th September. Subsidised by Luminate Festival Trust, Early-Birds are made available to assist those on low incomes as well as encouraging people to get organized early. If you can afford to wait for later price tiers we appreciate this courtesy.
Where to Buy Tickets to Luminate 2015
Tickets are available to buy through our usual ticketing outlets. (A booking fee by the ticket retailer may apply).
New Zealand stores include:
i-Sites - Nelson, Takaka, Motueka, and Greymouth
Cosmic - Wellington, Christchurch, Auckland, Dunedin, and more (see the Cosmic website for full details)
If you buy your ticket online, make sure you print your e-ticket and bring it with you to the gate. A printed e-ticket is the only proof of online purchase that will be accpeted. Each ticket is valid for one person only, treat it as you would cash.
If you would like to receive information on discounted tickets and the latest Luminate news, make sure you are registered on the Luminate Festival mailing list to receive our e-newsletter. You can sign up here.
- Signed up but didn't receive the newsletter? To avoid disappointment please check your email settings and refer to Tips for making sure you receive our newsletter.
Admission Tickets to Luminate include camping for 8 days & nights (28th Jan-4th Feb 2015), provision of amenities and infrastructure, all workshops/educational activities, plus a significant contribution to the sustainable land management of Canaan Downs. With a valid ticket you are free to attend all music zones.
All tickets are subsidised by Luminate Festival Educational and Spiritual Trust to keep the price as low as possible, with several categories and prices available.
Gates open to all participants on 28th Jan from 10am. See below for conditions of admission.
- Gate Sales of tickets will only be available if numbers allow. We recommend that you buy your tickets in advance to save money and ensure entrance. Note that numbers will be capped at 4000 people for Luminate 2015.
- Children (0 - 13yrs) gain free admission, must be accompanied by adult guardian.
- Youth (14 - 18 yrs) tickets are at a reduced rate. Note: All under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult guardian attending the festival.
- Adults (19 -74 yrs)
- Seniors (75yrs+) gain free admission.
Ticket Release Schedule
10th July 2014
SEB are limited in numbers and only available on special offer to members of Luminate Festival website mailing list while stocks last.
Super-Early Bird - Adult - SOLD OUT
Super-Early Bird - Youth
1st August - 4th September
Early Bird (1st round) - Adult $185
Early Bird (1st round) - Youth $90
- All Early-Birds are limited in number and will be on sale from all ticketing outlets only while stocks last.
5th September - 4th November (or earlier when 1st round EB sells out)
Early Bird (2nd round) - Adult $205
Early Bird (2nd round) - Youth $100
All Early-Birds are limited in numbers and will be on sale from all ticketing outlets only while stocks last.
5th November - 20th December (or earlier when 2nd round EB sells out)
Standard (1st Tier) - Adult $225
Standard (1st Tier) - Youth $100
21st December - 27th Jan 2015
Standard (2nd Tier) - Adult $250
Standard (2nd Tier) - Youth $115
28th January 2015
Gate sales - only available if numbers allow. We recommend that you buy your tickets in advance. Note that numbers will be capped at 4000 participants for Luminate 2015.
Big thanks to everyone who buys tickets and actively participates in co-creating Luminate – you are all awesome! We look forward to gathering with you all very soon. Much love, arohanui xxx
Note: Conditions of Admission
You must bring a valid printed ticket with you to the gate to gain admission. No exceptions.
Photo I.D./proof of age may be required to gain admission for any age, and is very likely to be requested for youth tickets and adult guardians.
Youth tickets are valid for those 14-18yrs at the date of admission to the festival.
Your ticket will be exchanged for a wristband at the gate, and your wristband must be worn and visible at all times during your attendance at Luminate. Our crew will be carrying out wristband checks throughout the event, and we appreciate your cooperation in this.
- Damaged tickets or wristbands will not be accepted as valid.
- Lost tickets or wristbands will not be replaced.
- Luminate takes place on private land and the site is not open access to the public. You are warmly invited to participate, whereby conditions of admission apply, and the organizers reserve all rights of admission.
- Anyone found on the festival site without a valid ticket and/or wristband will be fined, and may be removed from site and prosecuted for trespassing.
- Refer to Festival policies for a more detailed list of terms and conditions of admission.