Notice of Terms & Conditions of Admission
Declaration: Luminate is a family-friendly non-alcohol festival, run by Luminate Festival Trust, for charitable purposes including education regarding environmental initiatives, music, arts, culture, health, spiritual development, and community benefit.
You are warmly invited to participate, whereby conditions of admission apply.
Luminate takes place on private land, this site is not open access to the public, Luminate is declared a private event and is under common law jurisdiction.
Terms & Conditions:
- By purchasing or accepting a ticket to Luminate, ie by participating in the festival, you as a soveriegn being understand and agree to our terms and conditions as listed here, and this is a lawfully binding agreement.
- To participate in Luminate everyone will need to purchase a ticket, or be issued with a ticket by the organisers.
- Valid tickets are exchanged for wristbands at the gate which distinguishes authorised participants from members of the public. Valid wristbands must be worn and clearly visible at all times during attendance at Luminate.
- Any member of the public found on the festival site during the event, without a valid ticket and/or wristband, or prior consent from event organisers, will be required to pay $100 plus purchase a full price ticket, or else will be removed from the site and prosecuted for trespassing and will be held liable to pay any costs incurred.
- Proof of age and/or identity may be required to gain admission to the festival.
- Everyone under 16 yrs old must be accompanied by an adult guardian attending the festival.
- All Youth tickets (14-18 yrs) and adult guardians require proof of age (photo I.D.)
- Damaged tickets and/or wristbands will not be accepted as valid.
- Lost tickets and/or or wristbands will not be replaced.
- Luminate crew will be carrying out friendly wristband checks throughout the event, and your wristband must be shown if requested by any of our crew and kept visible - we appreciate your co-operation in this.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone for any reason whatsoever.
- You agree to take full responsibility for yourself and your belongings, and to pack out everything that you bring in, including any rubbish generated.
- Alcohol is not permitted to be brought onto the festival site.
- Dogs and other animals are not permitted on the festival site, unless part of crew requirements, and with the exception of certified guide dogs. In the interests of safety to festival participants, native wildlife and grazing sheep, you will not be granted admission if you bring any animal. Make arrangements for someone else to look after it before you travel.
- All and any vehicles may be searched before admission is granted, and any alcohol or dangerous items will be confiscated and not returned.
- If a "stow-away" (someone attempting to enter the festival without a valid ticket) is found in your vehicle, you may not be granted admission to the festival, or if admission is granted you will have to pay an extra fee of $100, and you will be held responsible for the safe transport of that person to one of the nearest towns.
- Anyone behaving in a manner deemed destructive, disorderly, abusive or unsafe may be immediately removed from the festival site and may not be allowed to return, may be served with a trespass notice, will not have thier ticket price refunded, may be liable to pay any costs incurred, and further action may be taken as required.
- If you are found with alcohol at the festival it will be confiscated and not returned and if the quantity is deemd excessive you may be required to leave the site and not return, and no refund of your ticket price will be given.
- It is your responsibility to drive safely on the Canaan Road, with caution and at low speed. It is generally unsafe to travel at more than 30 kph, and less than this in many parts of the road. Slow down and give way to large vehicles, vehicles with heavy loads/trailers/caravans and those travelling uphill.
- The organization reserves the right to record in visual or audio format any and all persons who attend the festival or who travel on Canaan Road during the festival.
- You must follow the instructions of all of our crew including parking staff, and camp in allocated areas only.
- Vehicles are not permitted to be driven any further past the camping area - no exceptions. Only authorised vehicles are permitted on the festival site. Any unauthorised vehicles found beyond the camping area/on the event site may be wheel clamped and/or towed away at the owners expense, and the owner will be liable to pay all costs incurred.
- Camping in the forest is not permitted, as it can be dangerous (eg due to falling limbs from trees), and can damage the native snails.
- You will need to bring everything you need to camp in a mountain environment for over a week.
- If you want to leave the festival and intend to return you'l need to have a valid reason and you can expect your vehicel to be thoroughly searched on return. Departure is at the discretion of Gate staff - it may not be possible at certain times.
- No overnight drumming or any other music or loud noise is allowed between 11pm and 10am in the camp site.
- Generators are not permitted in the camp site.
- Fires, including camp fires, are strictly forbidden in the camp site and elsewhere on the festival site.
- The organisers and Luminate Festival Trust are not responsible for any injury sustained by festival participants or damage to their possessions, or for any theft or loss of property.
- Entrance to the festival site, travel to the festival, and participation in the festival is entirely at your own risk.
- As a participant in Luminate you accept complete responsibility for the safety and welfare of yourself and anyone in your custody and care.
- The organisers reserve the right to alter the program of the festival at any time without notice.
- The organization reserve the right to change the festival policies at any time without notice.
- Wet Weather: This Agreement remains valid whatever the weather conditions during the festival with no refunds provided.
- All tickets are non-returnable and non-refundable. No compensation, financial or otherwise, will be offered.
- Lack of awareness of these terms & conditions is not a reason to not be bound by them.
Featured Videos 2012
Newsletter Sign Up
Radio NZ feature at Luminate 2012
|Golden Bay Organics||Home of Poi||Jugglers Rest, Picton||LightStyle Web||Native Harmonics|
|Nelson Environment Centre||Seafront Design||Shamans Garden||Tasman District Council||Village Theatre Takaka|