Fundraising Vision Statement
- To purchase shares in the land at Canaan Downs for the long term benefit of the environment, the local community and the wider public
- As guardians/nga kaitiaki of Canaan Downs, to manage the land in an environmentally sustainable manner
- To help ensure that this iconic location remains available for events, retreats and other forms of public enjoyment and participation including music, arts, cultural, spiritual, educational and other activities in keeping with the nature of the environment and resource consent
- To make possible the continuation and sustainability of annual events such as Luminate Festival, which attract significant visitors to the region and have a positive impact on the economic turnover in the Nelson/Tasman district
- To protect and enhance the biodiversity of the native flora and fauna, to assist regeneration of the beech forest, and to compliment the native biodiversity with food producing initiatives such as establishing fruit and nut trees which also provide shade for camping
Donations can be made online at 2 Donate. This is simple, fast, and totally secure. Once you donate, the money is sent directly to Luminate Festival Trust.
The Trust is very grateful to all the funders, doners, supporters, in-kind contributors, volunteers and enthusiastic festival-goers from around this beautiful planet who help us manifest this creative vision and conscious gathering of community in the spirit of light and love.
Join our mailing list to be kept in the loop for regular updates and information about Luminate Festival and the Luminate Festival Trust.
Featured Videos 2012
Newsletter Sign Up
Radio NZ feature at Luminate 2012
|Golden Bay Organics||Home of Poi||Jugglers Rest, Picton||LightStyle Web||Native Harmonics|
|Nelson Environment Centre||Seafront Design||Shamans Garden||Tasman District Council||Village Theatre Takaka|